EVERETT, Wash. (AP) — This is the lesson that the working-class city of Everett has learned: It takes a community to rescue the hardcore homeless. It takes teams of outreach workers — building relationships with men and women struggling with addiction or untreated mental illness, prodding them to get help. It takes police and other agencies, working together to provide for their needs.
- Man critically injured in Wednesday morning Route 1 crash near Bear
- Federal money to fund construction of Newport Trail
- Surf’s Up | Delaware’s rip current risk rising as tropics become active, some lifeguards go home
- Say “Cheese…burger” | Annual Delaware Burger Battle held in Rockford Park
- Why Delaware public advocates are opposing Delmarva Power’s electricity price hike