ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Minnesota’s governor has chosen Lt. Gov. Tina Smith to fill Sen. Al Franken’s seat until the November election, and she will run in that election to complete the final two years of Franken’s term, a Democratic operative told The Associated Press Wednesday. The operative spoke on condition of anonymity because the person wasn’t authorized to speak ahead of the official announcement by Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton scheduled for 10 a.m. A senior Democratic Senate aide in Washington, speaking on condition of anonymity for the same reason, confirmed Smith was Dayton’s pick.
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck get into heated exchange inside car: Report | Hollywood
- AI language models can exceed PNG and FLAC in lossless compression, says study
- John Oliver Trolls Lauren Boebert In First Show Back After Strike
- Ex-Packer Allen Lazard developing chemistry with Zach Wilson
- Millions of People Could Live Thanks to New Access to Tuberculosis Medication – Politics